Before launching your module, you should review all components of your final application. Below you'll find a small checklist of the aspects we recommend checking.
When reviewing you can also leverage BRYTER features such as Quick Check and the Module Summary or Notes. Additionally, also refer to our best practices guides such as 📥 Module building: Best practices guide for the BRYTER editor or 📥 Module building: Best practices guide for BRYTER Case Databases and Data Views.
- Are there any open ends? Quick check can help here
- are all conditions sufficiently defined? Use Inspect and the filtered list of transitions in list view
- No ALL/ANY mishaps? Pay special attention to conditional blocks here
- Would it be better to use value nodes instead of conditional blocks?
- Where does it make sense to use databases/value nodes?
- Is the module well annotated?
- Are nodes labelled?
- Is the structure hard to understand? (Check grouping)
- Where should empty actions be added or a module summary?
- Is content formatted consistently?
- Are any questions repeated?
- Does the user need more guidance through info fields or hyperlinks or descriptions?
- Does the user need to click next too often and the number of clicks could be reduced with multi-input nodes (with conditional sub-input nodes or content nodes)?
- Can the end-user anticipate next steps or is aware of any required information/material before they start using it?
- Is "come back later" activated in a long module?
- Are the fields all lowercase and still relying on underscores instead of using human-friendly names?
- Are the types correctly assigned to all fields?
- Is there a STATUS field or similar added?
- Is the ID selected truly unique (in use cases where this makes sense)?
- Are node names unique and could new fields be added without causing too much confusion?
- Would it make sense to split the database into two or more instead?
- Are all fields required collected in one database?
- Is all content correctly referenced in the database action node?
Module - Database interaction
- Are values correctly referenced and also updated using the same ID (if the use case requires this)?
Data view level
Module - Data view interaction/Logic
- Is an action named and set up correctly?
- Does the data view link to a published module?
- Is the parameter set up correctly in both the module and the data view?
- Are only fields displayed that are actually helpful?
- Is the data view filtered appropriately, e.g. to the currently logged-in user?
- Do all fields have clear/short (as short as possible to make sense) names?
- Have emojis been used appropriately?
🤝Who should be involved in the reviewing process?
- First, review alone and leave comments in the NOTES of each node and the Module Summary
- Ask a team member to also review the module in the editor
- Have a team of testers in you project team to also review the end-user experience