What is highlight and jump to a text?
When enabling the Document View, you now can choose a text in "Highlight Text". When the end user enters the split screen view, the first occurrence of the term entered in Highlight Text will be found and highlighted automatically.
Why would you use highlight and jump to a text in Document View?
Highlight and jump to a text in Document View allows authors to better handle external extraction services that are integrated into BRYTER or to find and highlight certain terms in uploaded documents.
How to use highlight and jump to a text
- In an input or result node, toggle on Document view.
- Select the document in which you would like to highlight text.
- Type or @-reference the text you would like to search for and highlight.
- Preview or publish your Module. If the text can be found in the displayed document, the first occurence will be highlighted.
Example use cases
This feature allows authors to build a series of confirmation screens for extractions from external documents where extracted text can be displayed and confirmed by the end user.
Highlight and jump to text can also be used to quickly check for the occurrence of a term and can as such provide more context.
- Only the first occurence of the text is highlighted. Please note that this might not be the right context for very short texts and terms such as dates or single words.
- Highlight and jump to text does not work in image-only documents.