Data Views cannot be directly selected in the Published Application configuration. But authors can use Modules that only contain a redirect result node to link to a data view and display a data view in a Published Application.
In a newly created module, add a redirect result node (and delete the automatically added Input Node) and choose Data View. Select the correct data view from the list below.
Configuration of a module redirecting to data views
In the Application containing a Published Application,
- Create a new module
- Add a redirect result node
- Remove the automatically added Input Node
- In REDIRECT TO, select Data View
- Choose the correct data view from the dropdown in Select data view
- Publish the module to TEST and/or LIVE
- Return to the application, and navigate to Published Application
- Select the newly added module and save the configuration
In the Published Application, a new item is added and the end-user can view the data view if access rights to the module haven't been restricted.