This article will help you:
- seamlessly link a module to a data view
- avoid adding links to data views in the content field of an input node
- create a better end-user experience
- integrate data views in Service Frontends via Redirect Result nodes
What is Redirect to Data View?
Redirect to data views is a redirect option in Redirect result nodes which can be configured by authors. This allows authors to redirect end-users to a data view in the same Service.
Why would you use Redirect to Data View?
Redirects to data views enable authors to create an integrated experience for end-users without the need to switch tabs or clicking on a Data view link embedded in a content field. End-users can be forwarded to a specific data view automatically after completing a module which is part of the same Service. They can consume and process cases displayed in a data view immediately and do not have to link with to the data view via Custom URL.
Authors can replace links to data views that were added to the content field of an input node with a Redirect result node. This will forward the end-user automatically to the relevant published environment of the data view.
Example use cases
Vacation Request Assistant
When employees requests vacation via the intake module, they'll be directly redirected to the data view "My open requests".
If an action is included in the data view, they can edit or delete the request through a connected module.
When managers approve or reject incoming vacation requests, they'll be redirect to the data view "All open cases" so they can process the next request immediately.
How to Redirect to Data Views
Follow the steps below to add a Redirect to data view result to your module.
- In the editor, click the plus icon “ + ” on a node.
- Select New Result and change node type to Redirect.
- In the node editor that opens, select Data view and choose the correct Data view in your Service.
- Publish the module to TEST and/or LIVE.