Authors can embed videos hosted on YouTube and Vimeo directly into the content field of nodes, allowing the end user to view the embedded video directly in the frontend of a module.
Example use case
Add training content to your module
BRYTER modules can act as self-service e-Learning or training solutions for your end users. By embedding a video directly into your module, you can train the end user on a concept and then subsequently use your module to test them on their knowledge, ensuring that they have understood the concept correctly in order to pass their training.
Find the 'Embed URL' for your video
BRYTER requires a specific URL for your video that is different than the URL for the main video page on YouTube or Vimeo. Follow these steps to retrieve the specific URL to embed your video:
- Click the Share button on a specific video page on either YouTube or Vimeo
- Go to Embed
- Copy the embed video URL (This is the URL in the quotation marks after "src" in the HTML code provided)
Add the video to your module
To embed a video in your module, follow the steps below.
- From the Content area of a node, click on INSERT.
- Select Video from the dropdown menu.
- In the pop-up that appears, simply enter the video's Embed URL.
- Click Insert Video.
After insertion, you can click on the dots icon in the top right corner of the embedded video to move it around the content area. Clicking the trash icon will remove the embedded video.