Use the File upload answer type in a node to allow your user to submit a file or image. For instance, you can ask your users to submit supporting documents or provide a company logo.
Example use cases
Ask the customer to submit supporting documents
Let's say you need specific documents to make a proper evaluation of your customer. Use the File upload answer type to ask your user to submit a file. In this case pick Documents as the desired input option. Note that you can also reference these files to use them as email attachments.
Obtain your customer's logo
If you want to add a personal touch when you generate a document for your customer, you can use the Image upload option to ask your user to submit their logo. In this case pick Images as the desired input option.
[ 1 ] Documents
Click here to allow your users to upload a document. For security reasons only the following file types are accepted: DOC, XLS, PPT, DOCX, PPTX, XLSX, PPTX, ODT, ODS, ODP, PAGES, NUMBERS, KEYNOTE, PDF, TXT, and CSV.
[ 2 ] Images
Click here to allow your users to upload an image. Only the following file types are accepted: JPEG, PNG, WEBP, and GIF.
[ 3 ] Custom
Click here to allow documents as well as images or to build your own upload filter by picking each allowed file type manually.
[ 4 ] Placeholder text
Use this option to specify a placeholder text to give your user guidance on the type of information they need to submit.
[ 5 ] Allow multiple file uploads
This option allows the user to upload multiple files at once. They will be packed in a single ZIP-file which you can download or send as an email attachment.
[ 6 ] Optional input
Toggle this option if the response is not mandatory for the module.
Custom file types
Please note that the file upload size is currently limited to 20 MB.
Here is an explanation of custom file types:
- DOC: Legacy Microsoft Word document
- XLS: Legacy Microsoft Excel document
- PPT: Legacy Microsoft Power Point document
- DOCX: Microsoft Word document since 2007
- XLSX: Microsoft Excel document since 2007
- PPTX: Microsoft Power Point document since 2007
- ODT: Open Office text document
- ODS: Open Office spreadsheet document
- ODP: Open Office presentation document
- PAGES: Apple Pages text document
- NUMBERS: Apple Numbers spreadsheet document
- KEYNOTE: Apple Keynote presentation document
- TXT: Simple text file
- CSV: Structured text file which can be opened in Microsoft Excel
- PDF: Adobe Portable Document Format
- JPEG: Standard image file with a different file extension
- JPG: Standard image file
- PNG: Image file similar to JPG but with additional options like transparent backgrounds
- WEBP: Image file which can compress data smaller than JPEG
- GIF: Animated image file
❗ In case files are bigger than 7 MB and at a later stage will be referenced in an Email Node, the file will be attached as a Hyperlink (which is active for 7 days and is hosted on a BYRTER unspecific URL).